EMT 948 w/ 929 tonearm.

Maybe someone can help. I set the tone arm to specs @ 250 g. The eyelet is rite above the counterweight hole for the Anti skate. whether I connect the counter weight or not, most of my LPs skip. What am I doing wrong?

128x128danmar123

Showing 13 responses by danmar123

@lohanimal, I do have 948/929 instruction manuals.

@lewm, The height is set to factory @ 35mm & there's plenty of clearance above the cue lever. Now I couldn't tell you if the wires are obstructed.

@alexberger, I just re-balanced the arm as you directed. Had to lower the arm little. I think that was it! Thank you Gents. Dan

I’ve done that. I’ll check tonight again. Not that I'm an expert, by any means, mind you. I have 47 years in audio, I just couldn't get it rite. 😉

@alexberger  any reading of below 2.8 the record skips. I checked the scale w/5g sync. weight supplied with the scale, & it's calibrated correctly.

Hello @alexberger, I know about the gauge, I did my measurement with a stick ruler, & yes it's the TSD/MRB. On my digital scale, the VTA is @ 2.87g, anything closer to the 2.5g gives me trouble.

@alexberger, I’ve read that sometimes the VTA gauge is off on the arm. After I reset the arm to your instructions, that’s what solved my issue. Still  not using the tracking force... I can’t thank you enough. Dan M.