Eminent Technology ET-2 Tonearm Owners

Where are you? What mods have you done ?

I have been using these ET2's for over 9 years now.
I am still figuring them out and learning from them. They can be modified in so many ways. Bruce Thigpen laid down the GENIUS behind this tonearm over 20 years ago. Some of you have owned them for over 20 years !

Tell us your secrets.

New owners – what questions do you have ?

We may even be able to coax Bruce to post here. :^)

There are so many modifications that can be done.

Dressing of the wire with this arm is critical to get optimum sonics along with proper counterweight setup.

Let me start it off.

Please tell us what you have found to be the best wire for the ET-2 tonearm ? One that is pliable/doesn’t crink or curl. Whats the best way of dressing it so it doesn’t impact the arm. Through the spindle - Over the manifold - Below manifold ? What have you come up with ?
128x128ct0517
@frogman  Thinking more about your comment regarding phase issues.  I know what reversed plus to minus on one channel does to the sound but I was not sure what I should have noticed when the two grounds are reversed with respect to one another.  I know, in addition to the hum, everything was flat and lacked any meat.  As soon as I switched the ground leads to proper pins the sound became more full, rich and liquid coming from a blacker background.  Not too sweet or bloated just rich.   For example, on a well setup analog front end, playing a well recorded live performance, when I drop the needle I can hear the room before the music starts.  I just hear the air.  With the ground leads reversed that was missing.  Now it's back.

Post removed 
Frogman - Huh!? Red/Green, White/Blue; no?

It must be tough for cartridge designers being at the start of vinyl playback. I mean, once you get past the four exit pins, they have no idea what tonearm, loom/wires, TT, phono stage, rest of the chain / room.....is being used by their buyer. Does this weigh more on the minds of those making higher priced cartridges ?
You would think.....I would think.....that at least get the four pins exit points the same. Make it a standard. No ?
Case in point....See this picture

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3mbrzpEy6iX8qyhi8

which clearly shows the cartridge lead colors.

My Swiss "freedom fighter" upper picture.
My Japanese heavy weight - lower picture.

Total opposites on PIN exit design. Why....Confusing ...Yes.

Harry - as discussed here before, I bypassed Bruce’ standard loom long ago. Even Bruce uses a straight shot in, but based on what you posted I went to dig out the old looms that came with the armtubes, to have a look. I found a couple. On the one, see here.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QytmFsa3iB929PE78

There are four red,green,white, blue wires with black coverings where the leads are connected. Now on the other one - definitely older - there are again the four wires - this time the coverings where they attach to the leads are color coded, and red one is black in color.

Hi Guys

This ET2 listing came across my inbox

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382517961899?ul_noapp=true

Looks like a clean, complete and original stock ET 2.0 set up for the WISA pump. Good luck to those interested.

Hope you are enjoying the summer.

Wow, has it bee 6 Months?  I hope that's because is thrilled and nor board with their systems.  

@ct0517 Are you iced in yet?   

This fall I acquired a Denon DL 103 M. Truly performs way above its class.  No, it's not better that the Van den Hul or the Delos but for $200 it is incredible value.  Very musical.  It just doesn't do any thing wrong.  

Cheers,
Harry