dynuaudio c-1s in a small 10x12 room?/amppower?

have small room are the c1s overkill,if not looking at parasound jc1s monos 800@4ohm or parasound a21 amp400@4ohm any an all feedback would be great....thanks audiogoners
raybo76

Showing 3 responses by ben77059

I have been looking at the C1's for a 13.5 x 15.5 room but the consensus here seems to be the room is too small for the C1’s.

What are recommended speakers for this size room? I am interested in either monitors on stands or small floor standers. I figure small floor standers don’t take up any more room than a monitor on a stand and may go a little lower than a monitor (I’d like to avoid using a sub).

There are so many quality speakers out there it is impossible to listen to all of them. Even if I could, it seems they all sound different depending on the room and the equipment driving them. I will try to make a decision based on recommendations and reviews, try to buy used at a decent price, and if they don’t work out, try to sell and hope I don’t lose much (about what shipping would cost for an in-home audition of those that allow it) in the process.

My amp is a Bryston 4bSST2 and my current speakers are Vandersteen 2ce Sig’s. I listen to some jazz (Diana Krall) and a lot of classic\soft rock. My budget for the Vandersteen upgrade is $4k or less.
Drubin, I did a search on Pwfletcher and found his closet. I didn't read thru all the posts, but I wonder if anyone told him the speakers were too close to the back wall or the room was too small? lol
Amater, thanks. It seems every time I find a speaker I really want to try, I find lots of posts about why it won't work for me.

A few months ago there was a pair of Harbeth SHL-5's for sale locally and the "consensus" was they would not sound good with the Bryston gear. I thought about it too long and they were sold.

The C1's seem to have a pretty good resale value, so if I can buy them for a good price, I should be able to sell them if I don't like them. I have a feeling I won't won't be selling them.

On another note, I have read some great reviews on the Volent Paragon VL-2 speakers. Anyone have or heard these?