Dynaudio Contour 1.1 or Dynaudio Focus 160

I have been working on my room per member suggestions. Some room treatments and sound anchor speaker stands and am pretty happy. In fact a friend heard my equipment and bought my Dynaudio x32's that were too big for my room. I like the x12's that I still have but have an opportunity for a pretty good deal on some Contour 1.1's (probably 10 years old but sound great) or a new pair of the Focus 160's. Have not heard the Focus but he said both would be an upgrade of my x12's. My room is 9 x 12 with 8 foot ceiling. I don't listen very loud but like the clear Dynaudio sound. He also carries Harbeth but they seem really expensive to me. Using Primaluna separates (40 watts per channel), marantz 6005 CD player and Oracle Alexandria turntable. I like acoustic music, some rock and jazz. My room is pictured in my profile now. Thanks.
128x128dylanfan

Showing 3 responses by lowrider57

The Focus 160s will provide a surprising amount of bass in your 9 x 12 room. In addition to having the smooth highs and mids of the Focus line.
Dylanfan, Egoben raises a good point; getting the bass tight. I doubt you will need bass traps, but probably a couple of panels for low to mid frequency absorption placed on the wall behind you.
Can't compare them to the older Contour 1.1, but they sound very natural and fluid. Playing with toe-in and rake is recommended.