Dynaudio Confidence C4

DO any of you have any idea whether the C4 can be driven by a 60watt triode amp? Specifically an ASL1009 845 push pull triode amp
yagbol2
Hi All,
I have Dynaudio Temptations driven by a Boulder 2060 stereo amp. FWIW, I also have C4's as surrounds, driven by a BAT 6200 multichannel amp. I don't think that tube amps, unless they are the Macs referenced above, the high-powered ARC's or VTL's, need apply for the job. The Dyn's love power, and come into their own when it's supplied.

David Shapiro
Bigger conrad johnson tube amps will probably do ok too. I'd try a "darker" sounding high powered SS design instead though. The cost of retubbing is just too much for this former tubeholic. another try might be a good tube preamp with a neutral sounding high powered SS design.
I have a pair of Mac MC2102, generating approx. 220-240W per channel into 4 ohm, should I even try.... ?

Rick
just get the cat jl2 with the 27 pound transformer. Probably best all around amp on the planet, and for the money,unbeatable!!!
I have my 3 week old C4's powered by a Rowland 112 amp and while I have thought about experimenting with tubes, I do also think these speakers will be at their best with big SS amps. I would like to try some JC-1 Halo mono's, as I think the Rowland may be a little underpowered to get the best out of the C4's bass.

I am also keen to hear what other longer term owners think.

BTW, I really love my C4's.