Dynaudio burn in time and how you do it...

Hi Folks,
I just bought a pair of dealer demo (10 hours on them at most...) Excite X 16 Dynaudio speakers, and am wondering how long Dyn's take to burn in, and how you've done it. I have the Ayre/Cardas burn in CD and don't understand which track is good for speaker burn in. Have any of you used it? Or how do you burn your speakers in? Will there be big differences in the Dynaudio's after burning in? Thanks for any input...Brian.
128x128trumpetbri
I’ve done speakers all sorrts of ways… and the thing I’ve found out is this… just play ‘em.

Modulating volume is good… play ‘em loud and soft and so forth… and all the time…. More or less. A month’s worth of daytime 12 – 18 hrs each day is plenty and all will be on track by months end usually.

There is something to be said too for playing them loudly towards the end of the deal though. I’ve had some speakers which simply would not ‘unlock’ until some ample juice got pushed into them.

So turn on the cable box to rock & roll, or what have you, and let them go! Listening now and then isn’t going to be really a noteable thing as in time, you’ll forget much of exactly what hamppend when… and just how much value is that to you anyways? Didn’t sound too good… then they sounded better… then not so better… then they were good… so what?

Drivers merely need to flex, and X overs need to have juice running thru them just like CDPs, preamps, etc. 16hrs per day = 102 per week. One month = Ready for prime time!! Usually.

At about 3weeks you can start shifting them into position and by weeks end you ought to be able to finally spike ‘em into place.
There is something to be said too for playing them loudly towards the end of the deal though. I’ve had some speakers which simply would not ‘unlock’ until some ample juice got pushed into them.

I agree with Blindjim.
I just bought some Evoke 20's and they sound OK but the tops are bright after about 10 hrs. on them, ie: high registers on piano and guitar are bright with only a so-so midrange. I've listened to a LOT of speakers but none at this price point. I'm playing classical through them now and stuff that won't make me tizzy but I am 69 and sort of fussy. I like my Klipsch RP-150 and my Dyn Excite X14's! The Excites were horrible when I first got 'em but did warm up some. Thanks so much for all your input!