Dunlavy SC-VI

I just bought a pair of Dunlavy SC-VIs. They are MUCH better than the Dunlavy SC-Vs I had. I am curious to know if anyone uses a Sigtech or Tact Room correction with the SC-VIs. What speaker cables do you use? (I use NBS signature II)
vn101606

Showing 1 response by vn101606

Hi,

I have SC-VIs (iniated this thread) and tried the Sigtech for a couple of weeks, but it was not able to solve a bass hole of 10db that my room produces at 35-50hz. I added a Z-systems loaner but it was not transparent enough so I sent both the Sigtech and Z-systems back. Then I decided to try the CARA 2.0 and maybe later the Tact RCS.

I got this (US$50) great accoustic simulation/optimization program called CARA 2.0, see Stereophile review.
This program comes with a bunch of speaker models, but no Dunlavy model. I have created a simple SC-VI model but it is VERY far from the frequency response of the Dunlavy SC-VI. It has already improved the speaker positioning.

I sent an e-mail to Dunlavy a couple of months ago asking them to make a correct model (I can buy and send them the $50 program if they want...), but Dunlavy never responded.

Can somebody convince Dunlavy to have them make this simulation model? It should not take much time and would be great given that these speakers are very sensitive to positioning and this great program does speaker position optimization IF you have a good model of the speaker.

If anybody has a good (near to the real frequency response) CARA 2.0 model of the SC-VI, can you e-mail to [email protected]?

Thanks,

Vicente