Dual Subwoofer Placement

Rule of thumb question, do you prefer placing dual subs inside or outside the front speakers?
Assume all distances are equal for both fronts and subs regardless of placement. 
jimmy225

Showing 2 responses by jimmy225

To those asking about my setup, I will be setting up two Martin Logan 1100X subwoofers with a pair of Martin Logan ESL 9’s. I’m estimating my crossover will be around 60-80Hz. I have about 10’ from where the speakers and subwoofers will be placed to the listening position (longer if I measured at the actual angle from the placement to the seats). The room is approximately 30’ wide
WOW! I really appreciate the detailed response. Unfortunately, I live in an apartment and don't have the space to go with four subs, my neighbors will already hate me having two. I was in the process of getting a house, and then setting up my equipment, but that has since gone out the window and now I'm trying to make the best out of a bad situation. Not having the correct spacing for everything definitely makes it a little difficult but, if done correctly, I think I can still turn the space I do have into a solid listening stage, thus why I am asking for experienced feedback while trying to plan out my own layout. Again, thank you for taking the time to offer your advice.