DK Design VS-1 versus 300b sound

There has been a lot of discussion about the merits of the DK Design VS-1 MKII. I am curious about how lovers of the seductive sound of 300b tubes have felt when listening to this amplifier and whether this amp truly can bring together the bass slam of solid state with the warmth and musicality of the 300b.
hchilcoat

Showing 4 responses by 711smilin

I dunno, I talked to 3 audiogon members who I trust who have and OWN this amp, AND love it. So, I bought one, I will receive this friday. I was told Danial shipped it to me on Monday. I will keep you guys posted. I have just sold a pair of Wavelength Cardinal X1's, so I am really in tune to the 300b sound. I wanted to try this baby with my pinch waist 6922's from the 50's.
Artg, once again, I am VERY impartial, and tell it like it is. I use high end tube eq, and horn speakers(presently) I will have the amp by Friday. I am sick of all the crap around here on products with silly claims. But, in saying this, when I decide to find the best for the money, I put my $$$$ where my mouth is. I will know within a couple weeks, just how good this unit is. BTW I did own the highly touted Pathos Classic one that Sam Tellig rated class A, I thought it sucked, and sold it in a couple days. I sure hope the DK is not the same. I feel more confidant as I said, 3 people I have TT who's ears I trust, have praised this puppy. The question is, will I?