Discuss The Viv Lab Rigid Arm

I am trying to do my due diligence about this arm. I am just having a hard time getting my head around this idea of zero overhang and no offset. Does this arm really work the way it is reported to do?

neonknight

@mijostyn

Human ears make very poor measuring equipment and you do not know what you are missing. Ignorance is bliss.

Sadly, our ears are all we got. To go against our ’lying ears’ in the name of science shows lack of conviction in the ability to form and voice an opinion.

dave

Dear @alan60  : At least read and understand what I posted to you:

""

I know that you and other VIV owners are really happy and I’m not against you. .

Yes, our hobby is about MUSIC enjoyment but exist a quality gradation for that enjoyment .  "

You posted:

"" In my audio world there is no right and wrong just what the individual prefers. ""

Then, you have your quality gradation level. Nothing wrong with that, that's the quality level that you like it. Fine with you, no problem at all and follow enjoying that quality level because at the end it's you who must be satisfied.

R.

@mijostyn

I too am glad that my own ears/brain determine what sounds satisfy myself, not what a machine tells me music should sound like.  

So I suppose that the traditionalists all use 12-inch tonearms, to minimize TAE as much as possible with a pivoted tonearm, and that they are aware of the effect of zenith errors on perfect alignment.  Which is to say that zenith errors, which are tolerated by the manufacturers up to +/-5 degrees, if ignored, will totally destroy any attempt at perfect alignment, using any of the traditional algorithms.  Unless you have accounted for that error, you are totally kidding yourself if you think you know your cartridge is perfectly aligned.