Dirac - worth activating?

Have pretty much ignored using Dirac from a NAD processor.  Worth doing?   Is it of value/impact sound from preamp used for stereo? 
emergingsoul

I have a streamer with dac. Not sure if a mini dsp is possible since it goes between digital source and a dac.

It usually goes between the pre-amp and the amp, or the source and the pre-amp.
(Best on a higher line level side, rather than a cranked down pre-amp).

So on a tape source side would be common.

MiniDSP is but one example.

Because stereo is easier to deal with and ht has many more spkrs.  Not sure many use minidsp. 

Car audio is also an area where is it hard to put in draperies over the windows or other treatments. Most of that is 2 channel, and the use of DSP is standard.

Stereo is not easier to deal with, other than 2 is a lower number than say 5. And 2.0 is a lower number than 5.2. People usually do better listening to a single speaker, 2 hides sins, and 5 hides sins even better.

Does anybody have an idea how DDRC-24/ Dirac handles analog input. Does it get reconfigured into a digital signal and then convert back to analog by a DAC in the DDRC? 

If that's the case, is the sound quality degraded by being processed a second time because my streamer has a built in DAC and I go directly from the streamer to my amp. There is no way to integrate the DDRC between steamer and DAC?

And just what the heck does dirac do to the signal?  Anybody know what dirac does under the hood?????

Their website talks about the Dirac delta function, and transfer functions to undue the colouration of the system.

I am pretty sure it is similar to the modem channel correction that fred harris (of Blackman-Harris fame) did many years ago.