Die-Hard Proceed Owners...

So now that Harman has officially admitted to completely dumping Proceed, any hints of an ex-Proceed engineer or extremely talented, hard-core Proceed-head doing any 3rd party upgrades, et cetera???

Just upgraded with one of the last AVP2 upgrades out there. Thank God for 0% interest credit cards!
audiogon143c
Joemt - I was speaking of the AVP to AVP2 upgrade. There was no upgrades from the software (at least from the version that came with my kit). The AVP2 upgrade kits are no longer available. I found a dealer that had one sitting on the shelf.

Ksales - No, all those ideas were thrown out the window. They're not currently planning any low cost Levinson processers either. How do ya like them rotten apples!?

Petergc - The AVP2 sounds so much better. Had mine a week & haven't come across any bugs yet. Seems like a fairly stable piece. One bug I found in the AVP was that if you set the crossover on anything but the default 80hz and the unit looses power (not on standby), the crossover defaults back to 80...and the AVP didn't work well with the PVP card in my PMDT either. The only negative I found w/the AVP2 is that it only allows a max 100hz crossover rather than the AVP's 120hz which worked better for my MCC1 center speaker. But the ability to set different crossovers w/the 2 outweighs that.
I was wondering whether anyone had more info on what's going on with Levinson. I went to the web site and the pres. said they were doing a processor to complement the 40. It also mentioned that they were not in full production. What's the story?
The complement to the No.40 I heard was going to be
around $15/20K.

Think about it, the MC-8 is at the same price mark as
the AVP2, the MC-12B is $10k, and not a lot of people
can afford $30k (atleast not since the .com bubble
bursted). Also, I believe this new unit is more than
a year off. Don't forget, they are working on a
Levinson DVD player too.

Moving forward, we/us Proceed die-hards need to unite
and pressure Harman to live up to thier promises
starting with the promised software upgrade which gives
the AVP2: Ultra2, DTS:NEO6, DTS96/24, etc...(as promised
on the Proceed webpage). This is already available as
version 2.00 for the No.40, and they claimed the two
units shared the same software. So as I see it, they
owned Madrigal when the promise was made, they own the
promise.
As I don't use a subwoofer the crossover changes are less important to me, but I would love to have access to PrologicII. Is this a major improvement on standard Prologic.
Unfortunately, I cannot find any AVP2 or upgrade kits in UK, and would prefer not to buy a US model with the resultant need for voltage change.
Certainly I remain enthralled with the sound quality from the standard AVP, both on film TV and music.

One question, on the demo unit I am trialling, all the lights on the buttons came on together suddenly last night. Whilst they went off again, I have now lost the first four digits of the display, which is a bit irritating/worrying. Has anyone experienced this?
Secondly, I have linked the AVP to the AMP5 using the PHAST ports, but this doesn't seem to result in the AVP controlling the AMP as I expected. Standby on the remote still only affects the AVP. Am I doing something wrong?
Peter