Deliciously musical...Mytek DSD 192 DAC

I have been searching for a musically engaging DAC and have been lucky to do an extended home demo of a few respected and well reviewed brands eg NAD 51, Playback Designs 3. Somehow either because the units were not fully broken in or lack of synergy with my system, none of the units ,including a Korean brand , floated my boat.
This weekend after much persuasion and repeated phone calls I managed to track Michal, the owner of Mytek in Brooklyn. He was kind enough to instal the Mytek drivers on my Mac. Have only used the headphone amp on the Dac with a pair of Grado cans but my initial impression is Wow...this sounds really good. I am using the same Hi Res HD Tracks on my MacAir. Tracks that sounded positively digital and metallic eg The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame are not just listenable but musically engaging and fun. Ditto for Melody Gardot, Aretha Franklin and a series of Mozart violin concertos featuring Salvatore Accardo is positively stunning.
If you are in the market for a Dac that does DSD, has a headphone amp, a host of features including a preamp, do yourself a favor and audition the Mytek. IMHO it is way better than Dacs costing $$$$$ more.Its that good.
Happy listening
Pradeep
128x128sunnyboy1956

Showing 1 response by kennyb

Yes it does take about 500 hours for the Mytek to totally rid itself of a slight hardness. I am absolutely delighted with mine.