DAW vs Alexia 1 vs Sasha 2, descending order of $$

Having recently heard the DAW, and Alexia 2, they are very close in performance the $$ suggest the DAW is a great value. I have Sophia 1 Wilson offers a generous trade in program, that said its still a lot of money, so my thinking has been to just get the DAW (my heart, my head says get the Alexia 1 CPO or Sasha 2 CPO) Not being independently wealthy, getting Either the Alexia 1 or Sasha 2 seem like sound choices, and trade up again later a couple years from now. My question is would you spend 10k more to get the DAW and stretch a little to make it happen or buy the lesser siblings and trade up in a few years?

Compared to my Sohpie 1s.

What would you do with the given choices.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xadsell
gpgr4blu971 I have Sasha 1s and am thinking of upgrading to either Sasha DAWs or Alexia 1s. Can you comment on your feelings regarding how the Sasha 1s compare to Alexia 2s??? I'm using Pass Labs XA180.8 for amplification, what about you??
semaj
The DAWs are a step up from the Sasha 1s but the Alexia 2 is a different beast. Bigger, deeper and more powerful bass, taller soundstage (not sure if there is a width difference in soundstage). They can be dialed in to your listening position and the room more than the DAWs.
As I've heard the Alexia 1 only in showrooms, I cannot comment on refinement of overall sound relative to the DAWs which are very refined and of a piece like the Alexia 2s. I think that Alexia line by virtue of their greater horsepower (for want of a better word) can be more thrilling----but I love the DAWS as well. Used vs new? That always presents a conundrum. That is also the only reason to consider the DAWs.
Post removed 

@adsell It seems you are still enjoying your Sophia 1; Did you ever demo anything again or bring another speaker home?

I have had my Sophia 1 for about 3 years and absolutely love them. I got some EgglestonWorks Vigintis last summer and they failed miserably in my space, which is pretty large(overall). I say overall because I essentially don’t have a back wall. My downstairs if pretty much completely open from my front/music room into the living and then dining rooms. Overall area is about 52x16 with 10ft ceiling.

The Vigintis were brighter, had less bass and overall inconsistent from album to album compared to the Sophias. I had heard them in a hotel here in Memphis where they sound amazing. In speaking with Wilson and their dealers, they all say if the Sophias work in my space, any other Wilson going up the ladder will work.

I recently went to a large dealer where I got to hear the DAW with dan d’agostino gear in a medium sized room and was underwhelmed. Next I heard the Yvettes in a cramped space near the front windows(don’t recall electronics) and they were beautiful sounding....immediately grabbed me. Next off to a larger dedicated room again with dan d’agostino gear running Alexia V and it was wonderful.

I have the ARC REF 75SE and know of the load concerns and don’t want to create a problem so am trying to stay happy with what is working extremely well. I am not ready to do anything in the short term and also only the Sasha 2s are even available on the used market...both Yvette and Alexia 1 don’t seem to show up too often.

I wanted to wake this thread up and get updates and new thoughts.