DaVinci tonearm and azymuth

Great tonearm. Unfortunately the azymuth is several degrees from flat, clearly visible with the naked eye. Has anyone else had this problem with DaVinci? Should I just adjust the balance with my preamp and live with it?
psag
Joel,

I’d like to follow-up on the second part of your post with regard to Azimuth adjustments and crosstalk measurements being different for the frequencies you mentioned above.

Based on a couple previous checks and another sweep of my cartridge last night, the crosstalk was constant across the frequency spectrum with a bit of drop (overall but still consistent) around 18-20 KHz. Potentially, a contribution in those higher frequencies may be due to sampling rates (or limited samples captured) at those frequencies.

However, the readings and results show that there are cartridge designs with measurably consistent ( and admirable) azimuth related crosstalk results over frequency. I'm not sure if this helps or ends up being useless information suitable for Jeopardy. In any event, you sparked my interest to recheck some old data/notes and check it in a more exhaustive manor this time. Now I’m glad I did it.

It’s nice to know how to get back to (or at least close to) what our ears tell us sounds right a little quicker.

Thanks!

Dre
Indeed there isn't much more to say about that software. Being one of those "anyone with the software", I can tell from personal experience that it has its faults and does not function for azimuth adjustment. A basic reflection error remains a basic error - even if masked with a nice user interface. That this error isn't realized by some doesn't mean it isn't there.
But errors are certainly human and no problem in analog set-up - if only they look smart and fancy.
@Dertonarm: As I can read from your posting(s) you didn't even read the manual properly...

The software doesn't balance outputs at all!

Cheers,

Chris
@Feickert: as I can see from your post, you haven't read my posts. Or didn't understand them. I didn't say that your software would "balance" the outputs at all.
Hi Dertonarm,

so the following lines were not written by you?

As for the Freickert-software... it implies for correct function in azimuth-adjustment mode, that both coils of a given cartridge do have 100% identical output.
If this is not the case - which you can count on in 99,99999 % of all cartridges - it will help you little to adjust azimuth. As it compares output of both channels to give identical readings.

Well, maybe I need a visit at my doctor to have a general check of my eyes.....

Cheerio,

Chris