DAC with RS232

I am using a 2 channel Bel Canto DAC in conjunction with a 4 channel Trinnov ST2-Pro processor in a 6 channel system. The 2 channel processes my surround channel. I synch up volume control through iRule. Problem is the Bel Canto is IR and sometimes misses a command, and my volumes get out of synch. Ideally I would use a 2 channel DAC with RS232. I know these exists in teh very high end (EMM Labs, MSB). Is anyone aware of a more affordable DAC (say $1000 used tops) with RS232 (and obvioulsy volume control). It needs to have 1db volume increment steps to be able to synch up with the Trinnov. I have not found any myself.
edorr
I'm not familiar with your gear and not quite sure what you are up to, but what kind of resolution are you trying to pass? I know that there are products in the Meridian line that have RS232 and volume control like you need. The 568 might be an option for 24/96 on its own, or the 518 into your current DAC for 24/48 tops.
I actually own a Meridan 568. I use it for satellite TV (only), and use its digital outs into my Trinnov. For the application I need the DAC for, I cannot live with the 48/24 restriction though. Someone already pointed to the NAD m51, which would work OK, but is a bit pricier than I hoped for.