DAC Suggestions Please

I currently have two DACs in my system which are internal to other components.  My front end is an OPPO 105 and my pre-amp is a Classe Sigma SSP.  What recommendations do any of you have to improve my DAC performance.  What price point should I be looking at to really improve everything.  Thanks very much for any suggestions.

rob

taylorro
Thanks for the irony. No, the Oppo does something else as well: it plays discs. Also, its DAC certainly measures better than the one in the Chromecast Audio, and in fact it measures very well indeed.
To give some background to my post, however, it is important to note that DACs are just about the most accurate part of the audio chain, and even better than amplifiers. Hence, the likelyhood of decent ones having any appreciable sonic signature is small. If the OP wants to spend money oin beter sound, the best direction is to get better speakers (perhaps unless he has very good ones) and attend to room acoustics.
Sorry about that. Budget is about 2k (new or used). I haven’t compared the 105 to the classe’s DAC yet so that should be interesting as well. Thx. 
What's the rest of your system?  Maybe money better spent elsewhere?

I'd think $2k could get you a good improvement in a DAC.  Two possible options, there's a used Metrum Hex DAC on eBay for $1700, or an Oppo Sonica DAC and have it modified by Ric Schultz at EVS for 700 bucks:
http://tweakaudio.com/EVS-2/Oppo_Sonica_DAC_mods.html

Best of luck. 

I'm a fan of the Schiit Multibit DACs. Read up on them, here, and elsewhere.

www.schiit.com

+1