Creek 5350SE vs. Bryston B-60

Has anyone compared these integrated amps? Both have received great reviews, and they cost about the same. Stereophile rates the Creek class A and the Bryston class B, but the Bryston seems to offer a better upgrade path to be used in conjunction with their ST series amplifiers. I would be grateful for any insights as I live where I can not audition either of these prior to purchase.
colberwha487

Showing 2 responses by docwarnock

Bryston definitely makes super gear with an unbeateable warranty. Given your description of room and speakers, however, I would be concerned about the Bryston's tendency toward brightness - - the B&W's are not known for being laid back and your room is highly reflective.

To my ears, the Creek has more finesse on the top end and may make for a better match. Another worthy Brit contender is the Musical Fidelity A300, which sells for exactly the same dough. Both the Creek and Musical Fidelity amps are available from audioadvisor.com with a 30 day trial period. I'd try both and keep the one that tickled my fancy.

If your heart says Bryston, then buy one used and resell it if it doesn't meet your needs. I've seen this amp recently for as little as $850 here on a-gon. Good luck.
Sorry for the follow-on, but another consideration is the sheer size of your room (20X30 with high ceilings). Regardless of how good they are, 60 watts are still only 60 watts.

The Creek does offer more power and the Musical Fidelity offers substantially more power. Given a predilection toward rock and jazz, do not underestimate your need for adequate power.