Copland DRC205 digital room correction

Hi, has anybody known or used this new "equalizer"?
It seems a really good product, useful and extremely simple to understand, designed build around a Lyngdorf/Dynaton logic process.I've not found many informations about it, could you tell me how does it work really? Is 205 at the level of TACT or is it sloser to a Behringer DEQ2496???
I would like to try it in my listening room (a square plant room...) but in Italy it is very difficult to find and testing.
Thanks in advance for your support, sorry for my english but I've studied another language at school (and now I have to pay private lessons :-((( , I prefer buying CDs)

Massimo
massimobar

Showing 1 response by deshapiro

Hi All,
This is a very intriguing thread. I used to have a Rives Parc, which helped with some bass problems, but tended to depress the dynamics of the rest of the signal. I am starting to research different room correction systems, although for my application, I want the correction entirely in the digital domain, prior to my DAC. There are starting to be a lot of choices out there, but the learning curve seems very steep. The Lyngdorf seems to be very advanced, but as one poster said, there is no provision for user adjustability. The DEQX seems to have it all, but the manual is over 200 pages, and of course there is no dealer in my area. In any case, the Copland highlights what I think is a very positive trend.

David