Clean power and it's affect on sound quality

Been reading quite a bit about how clean power can affect sound quality by segregating the system from the dirty grid with power conditioners, high-end power cables, isolators, and even off-grid battery-powered systems.

I've noticed some changes in sound quality with regards to better power supply, especially with regards to the older house I was in vs. the newly built house I'm in now. The older home had a warmer tone due to 50 years of copper wiring being burned in. My new house is brighter because the copper wiring hasn't been burned in yet.

But one thing I also noticed is that when I recently changed the batteries in my remote controls from your typical Duracell batteries to the solar-rechargeable batteries I use now. The sound quality really improved. Dynamics were improved across the board, tonality was warmer...more golden, like a sunset vs. mid-day bright. The soundstage opened up as well with more airiness and clarity to the instrumentation regardless of my media source. I highly recommend using solar-rechargeable batteries for your remotes vs the standard OEC batteries that came with the remote. I think you'll notice a vast improvement in sound quality - being cleaner and warmer. 

bipod72

@ellajeanelle You have an awesome sense of humor and a wicked sharp wit. Just so you know, I was dying laughing while I was taking my coffee this morning. Had to stop and wipe away the tears was laughing so hard.

Btw … I read in one of your posts that you said you’ve never really turned on to jazz as a genre. Jazz was difficult for me to turn on to also. It took a minute. I actually tried in high school because I thought it would be cool, and it just wasn’t happening. Lol

Jazz is one of my fav genres these days. As it turns out, Steely Dan was my entry point into jazz because their music contains so many elements of jazz. They’re still one of my favorite artists. And they led me into Miles Davis, Kind of Blue. The dynamics on that album are pretty fantastic. Please excuse my French, but I read in an article that’s someone described it as an audiophile wet dream recording, Lol. I have to say, It is on my system and I listen to it often.

From listening to that album, I turned on to Bill Evans, who is the piano player and then started branching out listening to some of his stuff and I found it to be pretty accessible also. He’s an amazing piano player. Incidentally, he played on John Coltrane’s famous interpretation of My Favorite Things.

As a side note, as my system has improved theu the years and become more resolving, another reason I love listening to the piano is that I find it’s one of the most difficult instruments to reproduce accurately. All the way from the upper registers all the way to the bottom. But the bottom especially. I was not able to do it until I lost the bass bloom, and it took getting the bass well grounded to do that and when it began to happen it was a game changer.

I was wondering if you’ve ever tried listening to Diana Krall, Live In Paris? It’s an easy listen and if you like it it may entice you to try some other artists. The sub genre that was easiest for me to learn to enjoy is Swing. On my system I can hardly listen to it without snapping my fingers as I listen because it excites me so.

In reference to the aforementioned tweaks, I’m considering giving the magic mushroom experiment a go. Wondering if it would give my solid state system an ever so slightly warm glow. I’ll let you know.

: )

I have two dogs and one is black and the other is golden. Whenever I listen to music I only listen when the Golden dog is in the room. Remarkable how just when he moves around the room things change.  The mids are more detailed and the high-end is softer absolutely lovely. When I listen to hard rock 'n' roll I invite the black coloured dog back into the room.

My speaker’s face west -.probably why the Dead & the Doors sound so good……