Classe Reliability : Your Opinions?

What has been your experience with the Classe products that you've owned? How do they compare with industry benchmarks such as Bryston?

I've owned 2 Classe products previously, a CAP 100 and a 15 Both performed flawlessly over the many years that I owned them. Not a single problem, not even a blown fuse. I bought the 15 when Classe products came with a life time warranty. I always have wondered whether the lifetime waranty was withdrawn for commercial reasons, or due to an increase in the frequencey of repairs.

r3fico

Showing 1 response by bemopti123

Very disparaging views of Classe gear. In Audioreview, reviewers have complained extensively about their CDP, being very troublesome. Other complains were about some of their amps, post DR design. It seems that the new CA 101 and on, are fine. But sporadically there are people who do complain about the 200, 300 amps. The DR designs do not seem to break down often and have excellent used market value....as you can see in Audiogon. I do not own any Classe to stand by my views, this is just a reaction to what I have noticed while reading threads.