Class Action Suit against UPS?

How many of us are getting our Audio Equipment Destroyed by United Parcel Service. A brand new BAT amp claim was denied even though UPS lost it for two weeks. Although FEDX costs more, they take better care of Audio Equipment. Anyone having problems with UPS?
jcov
Fedex dropped a BAT preamp that I bought on Audiogon. They paid the damage to the shipper about a month afterwards, but then it took a while to get the money handed over to me. UPS lost a COD check for over $2000 on the preamp that I sold. It's funny that they never get you to sign for those COD checks. Moral: There is danger in buying and selling equipment over the net and having it shipped. Overpack (double box--don't keep reusing the old boxes), keep your receipts, and have good communication between the buyer and seller.
FedEx Ground (formerly RPS) is a big ripoff. Their shipping is competitive with UPS, but they will try to charge you a $10.00 weekly fee for pick-up. Each time I've used them they've done this, even though I didn't request a weekly pick-up schedule. The cost for shipping + the fee adds up to more than it would cost for FedEx 2nd Day service. Additionally, if it's a COD, I've waited 3 - 4 weeks for the check to be delivered to me. It would have been faster for the buyer to send me the check in the mail! I've used FedEx 2nd Day service and have never had a problem and the COD checks arrive usually 2 - 3 days after delivery.
UPS is great!!!!!!!!!!! They dropped poked holes in my drivers in my thiel 2.3's I got brand new drivers from Thiel. Paid for by UPS. Anyway, I now only ship things FedEx.
Man, I don't know where to start. First off, UPS made a huge dent in my Castle Severn speakers. Then punched out a woofer in my Aerius. Then I shipped out Golden Tube SE-100 from Chicago to Florida-- the whole inside shifted, and nothing worked in the unit. They wouldn't pay me back despite I had all original packaging and insurance. I fought them for 2 months to get the money back. They twice sent out a guy who had no authority to overturn the ruling. After numerous phone calls, they finally sent out a manager to give my money back-- and I had to fight HIM for 30 min for it. I absolutely DEPISE UPS. I've learned my lessons-- I always use FEDEX now. Courteous, punctual, and much nicer. Good luck with you case.
Very good luck here so far with FedX economy. UPS can only handle cables or other unbreakables, but FedX is pretty competitive now so why give the UPS baboons your money? I only ship that carrier if my customer specifically requests it. I always advise against UPS & tell them they're pretty much on their own if they receive a damaged box or nothing at all. Hoping UPS will go under; they're only getting worse.