CJ Preamp Teflon Recap

Hello,

Have a Conrad Johnson Premier 16LS preamp.  Power supply went out so I sent in for service.  Have the opportunity to get it Teflon Recapped while its there.  Looking for feedback on sound characteristics and does it make the preamp more marketable if I go to sell it.  One friend said it "updates" the 20 year old preamp so its more on par with mid range preamps offered from CJ today - obviously the newer preamp offer other advancements but at least its upgrading the old preamp.  

Thanks, Troy
troynoel
As stated above, Teflon caps have a sound that you may or may not prefer (as does every cap). I'd take @welcher's advice and call the former CJ tech for professional input.

I personally prefer copper foil (and have duelund caps throughout the system), but haven't listened to the most expensive copper teflons. The vcap odam's are also possible upgrades that have received great reviews and might be worth a shot. They're on my list to try.
I agree with Welcher. Call Bill Thalmann, he'll give you an honest assessment. I know first hand major improvements that can be realized through upgrading and totally disagree that you need to necessarily "upgrade"  to a more modern CJ unless you just want to. I had Bill upgrade an older CJ for me 5 years back and I'm still thrilled with this pre-amp. There is plenty that can be done to improve the performance of your Premier LS 16 less spending North of 5k on teflon caps from the manufacturer.