Chord M-Scaler and Should I Want One?

I have an Innuos Zenith Mk3 server/streamer feeding an Innuos PhoenixUSB reclocker, which feeds my Gryphon Diablo 300’s DAC module.  I am connecting these with Audioquest Diamond USB cords.  I love the sound of this combo. 

I know the Chord M-Scaler doesn’t support the max upsampling when connecting non-Chord DAC’s, but I’ve read in multiple places that it still makes a big improvement.

Are others using the M-Scaler with non-Chord DAC’s and if so what has your experience been?

As an aside I see the M-Scaler only allows for the tiny low-voltage power cord.  I find this surprising since I find that an aftermarket premium cord improves my Innuos USB reclocker very noticeably (but not as noticeably as using premium cords with my Innuos streamer). 

nyev

Anyone have any reasons why NOT to consider the M Scaler with my Gryphon DAC? The M Scaler seems to be one of those rare products that almost everyone unanimously says is great. Sort of like the Innuos PhoenixUSB

I've tried both those boxes. Scaler with a DAVE. I thought it was a waste of money. I've tried all manner of USB and Ethernet re-clockers including the Phoenix.. All a waste of my money. 

IMHO after much experimenting my conclusion is if your DAC benefits from USB and/or Ethernet  re-clockers you should get a better DAC. I have heard a benefit when using a Mutec MC3 + USB-AES instead of USB direct to DAC on a few DACs

If you want to upsample, pay a few hundred $$ for HQPlayer and do it in software.

@nyev , regarding Rob Watts name, I believe it's called nominative determinism. 

Another example. Where I used to work, the guy who physically shifted the servers around had the surname Heaver. 

The fellow reports M-Scaler works well with Mytek Brooklyn Dac (but not Denafrips Ares ii) in several areas: (1) vast increase in SS depth / width and image focus (2) increase in low end quality w/ deeper bass and better texture and (3) more natural vocal.  I guess everyone's mileage may vary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBvvDoAiBAI&t=486s

@lollipopguild , yep probably right.  And what about these:

Jim Beverage:  Master Blender at Jonnie Walker

Doug Bowser:  The Boss of Nintendo.  (Bowser is the evil boss in Super Mario Brothers).