Chord DAVE, any lesser Chord DAC come close?

I had the opportunity to audition a Chord DAVE in my system for a couple of days and I was very impressed.
Anybody who truly thinks dacs are all the same needs to listen to a true high end model.
However not so impressed with the 10k price tag.
So looking for comment from experienced Chord users if any of their lesser DAC models come close to the magic of the DAVE.
128x128uberwaltz
bill_k,

Thanks or that info. 
Seems like a lot more than I thought it was.

ozzy
Uberwaltz I had the Cord Dave on lone from a dealer this past July , it’s a fabulous dac and one of only a handful that gets well recorded vocal’s and the human speaking voice sound much more realistic then others I’ve owned and have listened to with evaluating a wide verity of front end sources bought and borrowed.

My priority for evaluation is how the digital component’s render well recorded vocal’s including a human speaking voice .

Nothing in my price range over the past twenty years ever got vocals to my liking until I listened to the Dave and now currently one other dac I just took delivery last week which Im thinking is equally thrilling with stunning realism ive never heard before with any combination of dacs and digital front ends and it’s remarkably less expensive then the Cord Dave .

Finally after my long winded response to answer your question, your not going to get close to the Daves performance with the Hugo or other models in the Cord lineup, the Cord dealer told me some may think there are just small differences between the Dave and other in the product line however they would be mistaken.

Nothing in my price range over the past twenty years ever got vocals to my liking until I listened to the Dave and now currently one other dac I just took delivery last week which Im thinking is equally thrilling with stunning realism ive never heard before with any combination of dacs and digital front ends and it’s remarkably less expensive then the Cord Dave .

Can you share the identity of this other vocally-compelling dac? :)