CD ripper

I have a sizable CD collection that I would like to make DSD files from. 
Looking for a decent ripper. 
I have a pair of really old Bevridge System 3 speakers that badly need restoring so my current listening setup is:

Fostex HP A8C and Fostex TH900 headphones. About to order LS50s.  Not sure if I want to go passive or powered.

Is it necessary to spend much on a high end ripper?  Trying to figure out a budget.

Thanks!
hleeid
Anyone unable to have an iMac even recognize/rip older Blue Note CDs (oddly most seem to be Rudy Van Gelder versions)?  Cannot get them to be "seen" at all in disc drive; they just eject after failed reading.
DB Poweramp has many options and let’s you convert many types 
even after ,such as Apple to Flac orWav .and does a nice job 
even  rescanning for errors and degree of speed 

I use Foobar2000 to FLAC, but dBpowermap looks to be a decent alternative. Checked out EAC before that, but it has a really terrible interface that looks like an unintuitive design from the early 90's.

They all have questionable interfaces, except the WMA FLAC plug-in for Windows Media Player 12, but a new release of Media Player broke that a year or so ago, so if you see that option do not download it.

FLAC is lossless. From taking blind tests myself, and watching others, I don't think the vast majority, if anyone, can hear the difference between 320KB and FLAC, but disk space is cheap and you'll never question sound quality by going FLAC.
Post removed