CD Players $1,000 - $1,500 US - any info on Talk?

Current Considerations:
- Talk Electronics Thunder CD 1.1/2.1 (1.2/2.2 just announced)
- Rega Planet 2000
- QUAD 99 CDP (CD Pre-Amp combo)
- Cary CD-308
- NAD 541i / s500i

My Current System:
Quad 21Ls - NAD C350 Integrated - Pioneer DV353
My QUAD will become my multi-channel movie system - this CD player will grow with me to start my two-channel music system.

The Talk's are 500-1000 more than the Rega Planet 2k depending on the Talk model but I can find hardly anything on Talk Electronics/Saxon - anyone have any information?

The Cary might be in my price range but its just on the edge .

Any recommendations of used players or impressions of any of these players or any other tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathan K.
vaystrem

Showing 1 response by kevin1af0

Hi, My name is Kevin Edwards and I own Talk Electronics in the UK. I take it you have been to the website www.talkelectronics.com. If you need any further information please feel free to e-mail me. Our company policy is not to fill the mags with reviews, these are only one persons opinion at best, with commercial considerations on top they are seldom accurate in my experience. At the end of the day listen and trust your own ears, we do!! If we did not think it was better we would not make it, it would not be worth it!!
The 1.2 is quite a lot better but is also more expensive, you should get a good deal on a 1.1
Best regards
Kevin