CD Player for around 3500?

I'm looking for a CD player that I can consider my last. After this its multi median SACD etc. So I'm interested in a 24/192 sampler. Currently I'm considering both new and used so Meridians, Muse, Cary, Audio Aero, and even the new Sony muli channel 777 (replacement for the SCD-1) are being considered. Problem is I can find very happy owners of all of the above but now objective reviews.
keis

Showing 2 responses by tireguy

If anyone will sell ther DP-75v for $3500(highly unlikely) I would buy it, but reality is those are closer to $7000 used, retail is $11k so its still a fair price. If you could find a used audio aero that would be your best choice in that price range, it may be hard to locate a used AA Capitole, so I would also second the Electrocompaniet as a good solution. I prefer the sound of the DAC in the 75v to the capitole, but it is also a lot more $$$. I have compared them both my good friend has the capitole and I have a DC-300(which shares the DAC with the 75v), both are top of the line units and would be good choices.
Keis-If you want to know the nitty-gritty about the Audio Aero player, send my friend Jonathan an email he goes by the moniker Jtinn-he is VERY knowledgeable about all things audio but the audio aero is one of his favorites. He is sick at the moment but will get back to you when he is well, he will answer any concievable question you could have. To tell you the truth if money was no issue, I would still have a hard time chosing between the DP-75v and the Audio Aero Capitole, with digital there is a point where the law of diminishing returns happens and it happens quick- that is how good they both are and seeing that the Capitole is nearly half the price of the DP-75v it is appearant which is the better "value" in the group. Many people also rave about there Resolution Audio CD-55, though I have no personal experience with it so can offer no opinion. Good luck.
Tim