Cartridge for an old GRACE 707?

Question for the analog gang. I receintly picked up an old Oracle Delphi I with a Grace 707 tonearm. When it arrived the stylus on the original Grace F9 cart was missing.

I see a Grace 704 uni-pivot in the classifieds for $295.00. I am having a hard time finding much out about the Grace tonearms. Is the 707 a "keeper"?

Any feedback on the arm or suggested carts. is appreciated.
dickens

Showing 5 responses by dickens

My education continues! With everyones posts and reading and re-reading Robert Harley's "The Complete Guide to High End Audio" it is starting to make sense.

Good Listening to all!
Bart
Hi Captain,
is it safe to ass-u-me the micro acoustics 20 is a high-er compliance cart. I guess it must be if you were satified with it on your 707.
Bart
Thanks for input folks, especially Joeabrams. I've been in contact with the good folks in Bezerkeley.

Good listening!
Bart
doug s..
Not sure who is dumping on you. I started the thread and yours was one of posts that helped me learn about the need for matching a high compliance cart with my low mass arm. I thank you for that.
Bart
Thanks Captain. I have an old Oracle Delphi and the 707 came mounted on it. (Perhaps not the best way to ship) There does not appear to be much room for adjustment albiet there is some. Do you feel it would make sense for me to try and improve on the positioning or go with it the way it arrived? I'm obviously quite new at this and after breaking one Sumiko Blue Point Special a bit gun shy.

Thanks
Bart