Can you give me your speaker suggestions?

Currently looking for new speakers as I have grown tired with mine, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions that you think would fit my needs!

I had a pair of heresy iii speakers and loved the sound from 600hz and up but felt pretty much everything below that was thin sounding with no weight. I built a bigger ported cabinet for the drivers and it made a decent improvement from say 40-90hz ish but I still needed a subwoofer. 100-400hz still sounded thin, drums lack that punch and impact and male vocals lack weight and presence. 

Basically I am looking for a speaker that gives you the "musicians are in the room" feeling that the heresy gives me but deliver more in the lower midrange/upper bass area. 

I listen to jazz, femal/male vocals, 70's rock, 80' pop etc.. across all genres the heresy is equally good and equally bad (no matter what genre it feels like the 100-400hz area is sucked out of the room).. speaking of the room im in a 15foot by 22 foot room (its an L shape, half way down the 22 foot wall extends another 22 feet about 550sqft total). not an ideal room but its the only place I have. 

I am using a prima luna prologue premium with 37ish watt/channel, I currently purchased a Pathos logos mk ii with 110wpc into 8, and immediately noticed my main area of concern sounded even thinner, the more powerful hybrid amp sounds less powerful, less meat on the bones if that makes sense. when I get new speakers, I will sell one of the amps. 

my current budget is around $4-6K USD, I would consider purchasing used, or even a diy kit. 

the sonetto V reviews seem to tell me they will fit my needs, does anyone have any thoughts? 

thank you in advanced!! 

128x128palutena

+1 for Focal Electras.  I purchased model 1027 Be in 2007 and always loved them.  I moved them to my 2nd bed room.  You should be able to find that model or related model numbers of Electras on the used market within your budget.

Truth be told I'm not a fan of Prima Luna. Auditioned the EVO 400 recently but wasn't for me.  With that being said GoldenEar speakers may be an option for you. 

Having desperately tried to like Klipsch, to me, they sound simply awful, I'm sure my ears bleed. Monitor Audio and Harbeth are the other extreme. I use a 40 watt tube amp with EL24 tubes and drive either pair of my Audio Physics ( 89dB/ 4 ohms) louder than anybody needs. Detail is astounding, soundstage is better.

If you are handy, try GR Research speakers. I brought my speakers down for an upgrade and ended up purchasing their NX-Otica's. I listened to their big brother, the NX-Tremes and was totally blown away. I have listened to many high end systems and NX-Tremes were one of the very best I have listened to. The slightly younger brother sound almost as good. Type in NX-Oticas into youtube and you will hear what I'm talking about! Good luck!

I switched from the original Heresy model to Monitor Audio Silver 500 7G and I have been very happy.  One of my listening buddies who complained about lack of bass on the Heresy is now very happy.  Bass is tight and very present, but not overwhelming.  I do have a large rectangular room that is pretty ideal and I am driving them with a Cary Audio SLI-100.