Can I use the same cartridge for 78rpm?

I've been offered for a nice and mint collection of 78rpm's.
I can get 78 pooley for my motor but should I change a cartridge?
Marakanetz, purchase 78 RPM cart and stylus from Shure or Stanton. Shure has dedicated model, but I use the Shure M-44E with N-44-3(green) 78 needle and found it to be the best(no longer in production). Use an old Dual turntable (the older 1000 or 1200 IDLER series only. Modify the base with some Dynamat and you will hear them at their best. Never quite liked the sound with a belt drive on 78s much.......Frank
You should get a 78 RPM stylus. If they make a 78 RPM stylus for your present cartridge that will do the trick. Or just get an Ortofon OM-3E cartridge for $40 and another $40 for the 78 stylus.
Again, you purchased the wrong turntable...

Talk to Kevin of KAB electroacoustics ( and he'll set you up. Tell him I refered you. He's a specialist in vintage recordings and playback equipment. Be warned though, he's another 1200 evangelist and might sell you a modded Technics 1200 ready to play 78's!

By the way, the tonearm fluid damper he designed works wonders...simply world class performance!