Cables for CAT JL2 - is Purist non-silver enough?

The prevailing wisdom (including from Ken Stevens) is that silver cables don't match well with CAT amps. I've heard that the new Purist cables (maybe the old ones too) like the Aqueous Anniv. sound nothing like stereotypical silver. Does anybody have experience using Purist with CAT gear or have other recommendations for ICs and speaker cables? Apparently many people use Transparent - I was advised by a knowlegeable person that they didn't think a network cable on a CAT was a great idea. Seems like there are some CAT afficionados out there, I was hoping someone had done serious experimenting.
System is Calypso, Modwright 3910, Shahinian Obelisk, analog soon.
Thanks
samcclark

Showing 1 response by eavr115be3

Hi Samcclark

I borrowed Stereovox cable (silver) to try in my system and the result was great (That was older Stereovox series cable with special connectors). My system is Avalon Eidolon. ARC Ref3, CAT JL2. When I put NBS Statement Extreme (just one interconnect) I lost separation of instruments, soundstage to some extend and transperency, but obtained more euphoric musicality. My friend had different opinion on that when he put NBS Statement Extreme in his Kharma/Tenor/Stereovox system. He thought that NBS improved his system performance.
I'm trying to organize a test with Purist Audio Dominus. Dominus has superb reputation and I wonder what it can do to my system.
In regard to power cable on CAT JL2 I had best result with Elrod EPS-3 Signature so far. I also tried NBS Serpent and Shunyata Python Alpha.

Regards,
Eugene