CABLE SUGGESTIONS NEEDED - ARC Ref5se - ARC Ref 250se - Wilson Sasha 1

Hello
I would very much appreciate some suggestions regards cables for my system.
I am "new" to cables.
I currently have clear day silver cables throughout.
Power cable suggestions would also be appreciated.
Thank you !!
Rob

Linn LP12
Herron VTPH2
ARC Ref5se
ARC Ref250se
Wilson Sasha 1

128x128rob67

Showing 1 response by rzado

Hi rob67,

Nice system.  With ARC / Wilson, I have heard some nice synergy with Kubala Sosna cables (Emotion or Elation).  WEL Signature is, as others have mentioned above, a very typical pairing.  While I have not heard these particular pairings, Purist (Dominus or better) and Siltech might be good choices as well.

For power cords, I love Tara Cobalt, but also have had success with Purist and Siltech.

However, to address the elephant in the room (as folkfreak alluded to above) - what is your budget?  For example, a  full loom of WEL Signature at retail price would pretty much be a significant percentage of the total cost of your system  - based on the system configuration you outline above, 3 ICs, a phono cable, 3 PCs, and speaker cables would cost ~$70k.

I also agree with gpgrblu's recommendation above that you give The Cable Company a shot.  While there is a modest fee (a percentage of the total cost of the cable, which is credited to any purchase), you can try all different sorts of cable in your systems.  I once did a shootout with some high end ICs, and they had no issue sending me $20k worth of cables at a time to compare against each other.

Best of luck.