Cable Recs for Denon 2806 to Gallo Ref 3.1

I don't know much about speaker cables, but it sounds like lower gauge speaker cables may improve my system sound. Does anyone have a recommendation on speaker cables to use from my Denon 2806 receiver to my Gallo Reference 3.1's and Orb Audio mod 4's?

thx,
Scott
clutch

Showing 5 responses by clutch

Thanks for the quick response. I'm going to run down to my dealer today and see if I can borrow some cables and interconnects. Any quick recs on what to ask for? I notice the NAIM is pretty inexpensive. Is there really a big difference between speaker wire? Are the MIT (or other high end)cables much better than the NAIM?
I tried out some MIT wire and monster interconnects. I could tell very little difference.
...I also borrowed a Gallo Center Reference A/V. I love my Gallo 3.1's, but this center speaker sounded awful on my system. I couldn't hear the dialogue in movies very well...which leaves me in a dilemma...because I thought it's best to match all brands of speakers in your system. The only other thing I can guess is that my Denon 2806 is the problem and that i don't have enough power to drive the gallos. Could that be why my tiny little orbAudio's sounded more clear for dialogue than the supposedly great center Ref AV?

Is there a great center speaker out there that I could match with my Gallo 3.1s?...I'm ready to spend some big bucks to either replace my receiver (should I go separates?) and/or my center speaker setup.
Thank you for the link. I am a little surprised that this is necessary...putting a resister in the sub terminals? In the reference AV I'm not sure where I would do this? If I had a better receiver/amp could that avoid the resistor trick?

thx,
Scott
Ok. I ordered 3 resistors for $12. Worth a shot. On the Reference A/V can I put the resistor on the speaker in terminals?

thx,
Scott