Burning in a new DAC

I'll be receiving my new DAC soon; the manufacturer suggests a burn-in period that may take up to a month. I have not understood this process well. My question is, does the DAC need to be feeding (in this case a Transcendent Sound pre-amp)a piece of equipment that is actively "outputting" (turned on, driving an amp), or can burn-in be achieved simply by having the DAC turned on with an active *input* (from my HagUSB)? If I don't have to have my tube gear turned on (preamp, amp), and can simply leave my iTunes actively playing music files, outputted to the HagUSB (& therefore the DAC), I will leave my computer (& the HagUSB,& the DAC) running 24/7 to do so to achieve burn-in quicker.
Comments?
rabco
I just bought the chord mojo. it sounds flat and not much different from my phone. I did have another mobile dac, it was an ifi hipdac and it broke in within a few hours. Was that just luck? Do mobile dacs require burn in too? If so, also what is a tuner? where could i get one to plug into the chord mojo for pink noise? I realize these comments are from 2012 but hoping someone could help me. Thanx
Scottie, a tuner is a standalone component (or built in to a receiver) that allows one to listen to AM or FM radio. Since it is always broadcasting (assuming you "tune in" to a radio station), it’s an easy way to get free and constant signal into your component for burn in. If you just want one for this purpose best to go to a thrift store or something - they’re somewhat rare these days in HiFi and new ones like from magnum dynalab are expensive. Perhaps a portable radio might have some output jacks you could use to plug in to your system. There’s also internet radio tuners you can buy.  FWIW I just burnt in a new DAC, and right out of the box it was dull sounding - over a couple weeks the highs opened up, which was the most noticeable change, and the whole thing also got a bit more transparent and open.  I was constantly comparing it to another DAC I have, so the changes were very obvious.
I have no special affinity to any particular "brand" of CD setup/ maintenance disc but I've had one for years and wouldn't be without it. 

The one I have is long discontinued and also has a cleaning function (has small brushes affixed to the CD to clean the laser) and has a number of setup tracks as well as demagnetizing sweep tones (they work) and a burn in track. 

Wouldn't pay more than $15-$20 for something like this, but the linked XLO looks interesting. If I lost what I had I might spring for this one. 

http://https//elusivedisc.com/xlo-reference-recordings-test-burn-in-hdcd/

Bought a new DAC recently and simply ran the burn in track on repeat for about 5-6 hours. Done. For the most part anyway.