Budget amp for NS-1000. Rotel, march or parasound?

Just got a pais of yamaha ns1000 for use as studio monitors. I tested them with a parasound halo a23, hca 2200ii and a rotel rb970bx. Both parasounds were good, with room for improvement, the rotel was bad. 

Now i dont want to get the a23 because the price is not good around here, I own the hca2200ii with another system and my options are a rotel rb990bx, a march a400s and a parasound hca1206 bridged. Im leaning towards the march but is it good? Both rotel and parasound are cheaper, is the rotel a better option? Thanks 
jmabe

Showing 3 responses by meerzistar

I’ve never played Marsh amplifiers but can and will say some of the earlier John Curl Parasound is excellent bang for your buck, not easy to surpass. When trying to fit that criteria I would not hesitate on them. Or NAD should the opportunity arise. Hafler is another. Rotel would be lower down on my short list but on it just the same, maybe not that particular model. Going by some of your other choices I’m going to go and assume the RB970 lacks the power you want, what don’t you like about it?

I have a Bryston 4B, that I paid $450 for. That will happily/easily drive some demanding speakers all day/night long. It may not be the best choice with your Yami speakers reason being it can be bright with certain set ups. While with others its very deserving of praise.
It sounds like the Rotel might have some technical problem or the speaker polarity was wrong, or maybe both.

Pro amps are for some while not so much others. One I can live with is my crown XLS-1500. You could probably purchase one new within your budget plans if there are still some available. The XLS-1000 has somewhat different circuitry and you might not like it for more serious listening.
Music Fidelity A3cr and A3.2cr are good valued amps. One might be the ticket to relaxing highs while tightening up bass with the Yamaha's.