Borresen X3."Hi Fi" or High End as in natural realistic sound ?

Seeing much praise for the X3 spiked my interest so was able to listen very briefly and was impressed but wondering if long term their "hifiness" (?)  as described elsewhere on this forum can wear thin overtime and become too much. FWIW they were being driven with an Accuphase E5000 integrated and from what I remember Ansuz D2 cabling.Note * without optional Ansuz Darkz.

Any feedback from those who have heard them extensively over time is greatly appreciated.

rost

Showing 4 responses by networkguy2010

@blisshifi - I am personally biased as I love and own the Borresen product.  Understand that preferences differ but I have yet to find a product that sounds so lifelike and real to my ears.  

It's a bit odd to see your negative sentiment/criticism towards Borresen the last couple of years on this forum.  Tyler mentioned to me that a couple of Axpona's ago (2022) you had inquired to request a Borresen dealership and that could have been a possibility once you have/had a brick and mortar store (Borresen policy)...given that history your negative feedback should be thoughtfully considered among the community you aim to serve.

@rost As I mentioned before, I’m a bit biased. I own the O3 SSE and I do pair them with Aavik products. I absolutely love the X series. If I didn’t invest in the O series I’d be very content with a pair of the X3s and a Forte 3. Every time I listen (and it’s been a few years) I always find content that makes me smile. For me music is a way of life. Alows me to forget reality and enjoy what makes me happy. 

If you’re going to be at Axpona 2024 next month stop by and say hello. Tyler or Josh with Next Level HiFi will answer any questions. It’s an amazing product. There is a reason why the press and reviews are giving it awards. Price to performance is insane. Enjoy the ride brother. It’s totally worth it. 

jeff 

@tom2015 Tom. All good. That’s the beauty of this hobby. There’s not one shoe size fits all. I’m glad you’re happy with your Rockport’s. Nice looking speakers. Never heard then though. There’s just something that Michael is doing with his knowledge of inductance and such it’s hard to imagine anything better (for me). Enjoy the sounds bro. 

Nothing wrong with that my friend. There are choices. And many choose AGD because it’s special. I’m not the only one. About a dozen reviewers have given Borresen the editors choice award. But again, it’s personal taste. Not everyone has to like or live with a specific speaker brand. I choose AGD and do not regret one moment of it. No one else can come close to the noise floor and presentation. Yes, electronics matter. And synergy with Asvik is recommended if you want to push the system to its full potential. 

Enjoy your system. Nothing wrong with it. If you like it then who cares what others think. Let’s just enjoy the music. 

jeff