- The various Madrigal Sonatas, e.g., for violin and viola; for oboe, clarinet and bassoon; for violin and piano' for piano, flute and violin. The Dartington Ensemble on Hyperion offer very good performances.
- The String Quartets 4, 5, 6 and 7. The Panocha Quartet offer good performances.
- Sonata 1 for Cello and Piano. Lavotha (vc) and Aberg (pf) offer a fine performance on the BIS label.
- Duo for Violin and Cello - this appears on the marvelous CD "Glass Beads Game" by Delmoni (vn) and Rosen (vc). This is the only Martinu piece on this CD, but the whole CD is well worth acquiring.
- Symphony #6, as already suggested, but the 1st is a nice introduction as well.
- Concerto for two string orchestras, piano and tympani
- Sinfonietta Giocosa - suggest Panenka (pf) and Kosler with the CzechSO.
- Violin Concerto 1 - if you can find the Suk (vn) performance on Supraphon, it is superb.