Bi-wire: is it worth it?

I am about to buy a sweet set of used martin logan stats. They have four terminals, and can be bi-wired. Someone has suggested I should bi-wire them. However, this would come at an additional cost, as I would have to buy new speaker cables. Does bi-wiring make a noticeable difference?
elegal

Showing 1 response by vinylmad814

I purchased a set of Nordost Heimdall 2 speakers cables with jumpers a couple months back but have not had a chance to use them as of yet. I still have my older MIT terminator 4 and was wondering if i should even bother trying to bi-wire again with the Nordosts.I guess I should just experiment but was wondering if mixing the cables would be a detriment to a systems overall performance or if anyone has mixed speaker cable brands for their systems. I would think most of you would say just use the more expensive Nordost soley with the jumpers.

As far as bi wiring goes, IMHO, I am not sure lol. I have only bi-wired with the MIT's so I have really no idea if I gained anything from it all. I would imagine that Nordost's philosophy is not to biwire since they do not seem to offer a biwire configuration at present. Please do correct me if i am wrong.