Best used Solid State Amp $1500.00

I HAD MY HEART SET ON AN ALEPH-3 BUT STUFF I"VE READ ABOUT IT ESPECIALLY THE POOR BASS HAS ME SPOOKED.THE STEREOPHILE REVIEW GOT ME HOOKED ON THEM 3 YEARS AGO.I HAVE A REGA 25, GRADO PLATINUM CART.ROGUE 99 WITH PHONO, HT PRO-SILWAYS,STOCK ST-70 TARA PHASE-2 PARADIGM STUDIO-80s I LISTEN TO MOSTLY CLASSIC ROCK,HEAVY METAL,MODERN ROCK AND SOME POP.I WANT TO GO SOLID STATE AND LET THE ROGUE BE MY TUBES.ANY SUGGESTIONS?
david99
LIKE I SAID,MY BIGGEST CONCERN IS THE POOR BASS I'VE READ ABOUT.HOW COULD THE ALEPH-3 GET SUCH A GREAT REVIEW IN STEREOPHILE,TIE WITH THE KRELL-600 FOR AMP OF THE YEAR THEN I READ ITS NOT SO GREAT AFTER ALL.TALK ABOUT CONFUSION!!! Ejlif please respond and anyone else.
Other than the fact you rarely see them for sale on the internet, I'm surprised no one has mentioned the BEL 1001. The MK2 version is well within your price range. Tom Miiller has been raving about the BEL in the absolute sound for years. I have had the MK2 in my system and currently own a pair of MK3a's (bridged mono) to drive Aerial 10t's. These will easily outperform most of the suggestions you've received so far. You may have to wait a while to get one though. People tend to hold on to them. My other suggestion would be the Ayre V3 which seems to be more available on the net and would also be a fine choice.
MY DEALER WANTS ME TO BUY A BEL 1001 MK2 HE DEAL TN ALOT OF USED GEAR, HE TOLD ME THE BELL IS BETTER THAN THE PASS.WHICH IS BETTER AND HAS BETTER BASS.DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A PIC OF THE BELL? THEY HAVE NO WEB SITE!!
I really don't see any of these beating the Krell KAV-250a. Read the rave review in the JAN/FEB issue of The Perfect Vision.