Best tube power amp(s)-B&W Matrix 802-S3

Right now my system consists of the B&W Matrix 802's, a VTL S-T 85 amp, & VTL TL2.5 pre-amp. I love the sound actually, except for the usual faults of a smallish tube amp to drive big spkrs.--inc. some lack of bass, & perhaps not the ultimate soundstage or ability to handle large scale symphonic works (but a sweet sound nonetheless). My possible choices right now are C-J premier 12's, ARC VT100 Mk.2, or VTL mono-blocks like perhaps the 175's. Have also considered s.s. amp like C-J MF2500 or Bryston mono-blocks (whew! talk about the upgrade bug!). This is for a 12X18ft. room. I am very into the tube thing right now after my experience w/the VTL's, but could possibly go for a S.S. amp & keep the tube pre. Heat is an issue as well.....Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, steve
steveaudio

Showing 1 response by smw30yahoocom

Try the Legend Audio Design tube amps. They are,by far, the best sounding tube amps out their, they also have very good bass for tubes. Read some of the reviews on them, you can find them at Legends home page. I searched for 1 year and when I heard these at the show, I knew they were what I was looking for. I have the triodes.