Best speaker/system piano concerts

Hi,

I enjoy many type of music but am a big fan of piano concerts. I’ve been to Hifi shows before but often find the music that they are playing not to my taste. 

Does anyone have recommendations for a speaker and amplifier that would be great to reproduce big piano plays realistically? I don’t think it’s easy for a system to have the speed and weight that the piano produces.

Would say speakers that are around 20-25k second hand and amps of 10-15k used

Looking forward to your suggestions.

hififreakk

Showing 2 responses by jim204

I would also plump for the ATC 150's as I had a pair of the 100s until a couple of year ago when I had to give up my full rig and move to headphones when my wife fell ill and we had to move and now have people on all sides of us. The ATCs are the most natural sounding dynamic speaker I have heard with the clarity of an electostatic and the untramelled power of a pair of subs. I am quite sure you would be delighted with them. As I don't know what your front end is though if you wanted to upgrade that then you would have saved yourself a fortune through not having to buy an amp. Good luck I wish I was in your shoes.
Aside from wanting a speaker that is good for this or that I have to say that I would be loath to find out that a speaker system I was interested in was peviously owned by someone who was into heavy metal music. Reason being that the music played by these bands has so much intentional distortion put into the signal by way of fuzz boxes and other electronica that instead of saying what kind of music they were good for if thinking of buying used the first thing I ask is what kind of music they were used to playing. If classical then it is usually safe to buy because classical is the least distorted music generally on carriers. I have had the misfortune to go to a friends house to listen to a pair of studio monitors that were previously used for rock use and had to tell him his woofers were gubbed due to high volume distortion and it cost him two new drivers.