Best products for baffle material s ?

Looking for the "best" combination of materials. Building new boxes for my B&W CM1 bookshelfs as I can feel vibration on the baffle and sides, with classical music, quartet, at even very modest volume. These are very small 2 ways - so I can afford to go "all-out" on the boxes. High mass, inert, shaped baffle to minimize diffraction, interior design to break up waves. I'm considering only products that can be "woodworked". More detail later. Thanks.
ptss

Showing 4 responses by zd542

Sometimes the screws loosen up over time on B&W's. I would check that first.
"09-08-14: Onhwy61
I don't know the answer to this question, nor do I even have an opinion, but will the B&Ws sound better with a less resonant cabinet or will they just sound a little different?"
That's an excellent point. Whoever designed the speaker had to make it work with the original materials. Even if you go with a better material, there's no guarantee that it will sound better.
"09-10-14: Ptss
How about 3/4 or 1&1/2 inch black granite countertop green glued onto 3 inches thickness of MDF? Very non-resonant?"

Corian would probably still be the better choice. It has the consistency of mdf but is solid like granite. You wouldn't have to mix materials to get the best results.