Best Preamp New or Used up to $3,000 ??

Okay I am listening. The models I am looking at are:
Audible Illusions L3 .$2,000+
Aesthetic Calypso.$2,000+.
Prima Luna Dialogue $2,200
EAR 834L.$1,700.
Benchmark LA4 (New) $2,600.
McIntosh 2500.$4,000 (Over budget but has tone controls and Phono stage)
Other Equipment: Cary MK 120-s, Oppo 205, Older Tannoys FSMs-very efficient.
Music I enjoy: Vocals, 70 db, Near field position.
So if you have owned any of the above, please share your experience.
I am attracted to these brands as they seem to place value on things related to musicality.
Separate quality Power supply, Dual Mono setup, Quality components. Remotes (except EAR)
So what am I not valuing that I should be?
Thanks in advance.

128x128firstnot
Many good pre amps in that list.  For me, the synergy between the pre amp and amp is critical.  I spent a number of years swapping out equipment before finding the right match.

I started with a decent AR tube pre amp, but needed more power for my Maggie’s as the really like a strong amp.  I ended up with a Mac C220 about 9 years ago that has the same value today if I decided to sell, something to remember.

we all have our own experiences and ear for the music we love, there is no magic bullet, but rather many good choices.  What works for me may not be the same as what you eat prefers, enjoy the ride!
PS Audio BHK tube/solid state hybrid preamp. Rock solid build and fluid musicality. List price is $6000, but go online to The Music Room in Broomfield, Co. and work a deal on a new or very clean used. Under $3K is very doable. They WILL deal, they just can’t post prices online per PS Audio marketing rules. They’ll also buy your current equipment a very reasonable prices.
@firstnot,
I recently got a Rhumba 1.3 and love what I am hearing.  This is my first tube component. Now I am about sure if it is a Solid state Vs Tubes or Active Vs Passive, but the imaging created by this preamp is amazing! I am waiting on a Cullen Crossover II power cord, to replace the stock power cord that came with this preamp, before I update my system pics.
The AVA Fet Valve CFR Hybrid is very nice also at $2500 with phono and $300 less without.