Best Preamp for under $1750.00

Seeking recommendations for a preamp in the $750 to $1750 range. Balance of system consists of Aerial 8's, Bryston 7B's, and CAL CL-15. Room acoustics and speakers would favour lean over lush; I'm looking for something musical without being on the "warm" side. Music preferences include acoustic, jazz, and rock. Will re-cable according to final selections
emmett

Showing 1 response by 2channelsaudio

I have done a very complete search for a great preamp and I have found the New Consonance Cyber-222Mk-2 to be excellent and better than some at double the price the 6sn7 tube is a classic tube , as well as the 5ar4 rectifier tube.This preamplifier weighs in at over 32 lbs
and has a seperate outboard power supply, with better parts quality such as Auricap capacitors and 1% metalfilm resistors. From top to bottom it is very well balanced and superb in the heart of the midband as well as Thunderous bass
I used $2500 as a price point and considering they even lowered the price to $1500 , this is a no brainer for any
smart buyer. To up the ante even more I put a quality VooDoo Silver dragon power cord, Hifi tuning Silver fuses
and all 1950 Sylvania Chrome dome tubes and the Mullard 5ar4 Recitier tube .I can honesty say this preamp now sounds glorious and one of the best finds I have even made.