Best interconnects 2m for less than 200/pr used

hi-
lex dc-1 pre
krell kav250a
ead pm500
b&w nautilus spkrs

looking for 5 interconnects to run at 2m length each from pre amp (2 to krell, 3 to ead pm). would like to spend <$200/pr for them and am willing to buy used of course. any advice?
bazmataz

Showing 1 response by sean

Last months Stereophile referred to the Goertz Micro-Purl Cu's as being quite good. I think that they would have liked them even better if they would have burned them in using a Mobie instead of the Duo-Tech. My opinion of the Duo-Tech is not very high after using the Mobie on interconnects.

To quote the text:

"Bottom line? The Micro Purl Cu is a very good cable, a great budget cable and, at $78/m, a spectacular value."

At the end of the article, they state:

"Alpha-Core has packed a tremendous amount of value into these cables - their performance, ease of use, and build quality are well above the industry norm."

I've been using these in my HT system for a while now and see no need to change them. I needed 5 runs at 5' each (25 ft total) and started looking for cables. Luckily, I found an 8 meter pair (almost 27 ft) of the MP Cu's for $175 !!! I simply cut them to length and reterminated myself with gold plated, teflon insulated locking RCA's. While this was kind of a pain to deal with even with having the right tools to do the job, there is NO WAY that i could have ever gotten anything remotely close to the quality of these cables for anywhere near that price.

I suggest checking them out or at least reading the Stereophile review to see if you think that they might interest you. You could start of by buying a stereo pair of cables to run your mains and seeing if they are worth pursuing. Goertz offers a pretty lengthy trial period if you buy direct. Keep in mind that you will be paying list price if you do that though. Otherwise, try finding a local dealer and see if they'll work with you. They might also be a little more willing to "negotiate" on the price.

Keep in mind that system synergy and personal taste is what matters, so take all of these recommendations with a grain of salt until you can find out for yourself what works best. This includes my comments also. Sean
>