BEST DIGITAL AES/EBU CABLES - 2011

I hope this thread would be a more guidance for audiophiles who are searching the over $1.000 digital AES/EBU cables for their system(s) as there is so much information available about low cost cables.
As there is no a one right reference cable for all, I hope that this is not thread where audiophiles just say "best of bests" or "best ever", but give comprehensive findings / experiences of their current reference cable vs. other AES/EBU cables used in their system.

It would be good start comparison between following cables:
1) MIT Oracle MA-X Digital
2) Stealth Varidig Sextet
3) Kubala-Sosna Emotion
4) ASI Liveline
5) Transparent Reference
6) Audio Nirvana Transmission

I hope that this thread will be helpful as we share the same passion.
ijarvile

Showing 2 responses by teajay

I agree with what Neal said about the Stealth Sextet cable. I went through a very massive auditioning of highly regarded digital cables and found nothing better then the Sextet. For details take a look at my review here on the GON on this cable.
Hi Ijarvile,

Since I wrote my review on the Sextet over six years ago I have continued to audition many other digital cables. The only ones I have not listened to that you have on your list are the Audio Nirvana and ASI Liveline, so I can't address how they compare to the Stealth Sextet.

I still have found the Sextet to be my favorite cable in my system. It just gets out of the "way" more then the other cables and lets the music flow out more naturally from my rig. I don't think the Sextet would improve a "bright/forward" sounding system, short of that I can't imagine that it would not have good synergy in most systems. If you wanted a cable with a very slight warmth added to the mix I would then suggest the Kubala Sosna that you have on your list.