Best Amp for under $2000.

What is the best Amp for B & W 801 series 2? I don't want to spend more than $2000.
sage
I have a pair of 802s series 2. First of, find someone who knows what there doing and remove the protection circetry from the crossover.There was a dicussion about this a few years back in Steriofile and B&W also agread it would do no harm.I did just this and my speaker srarted to wake up.My problems were still not over yet. The Aragon 4004 Mk2 or something else wasn't right, the speakers stil seemed veiled.My front end was not the problem so I went looking to find what B&W used for voicing them speakers; they use chord amps from England whitch are difficult to find here. I was lucky and found a used pair of chord spm600 for $2000 and it was just what the doctor ordered. Since then I've also had the oportunity to listen to them with a Bryston 4B ST, also avery good match. The problem with the 800 series is that they are ruslusly reveiling off every thing up stream. Unfortunatly that means $$$$. Good luck in your quest.
I hate to be a salesman, but I just happen to have a bunch of Bryston 4B ampliiers (250 w p/ch 8 ohms) available for $650.00. they are all 10 years old and come with the balance of the manafacturers 20 year warranty! all have been tested and are in good working condition. [email protected]
Buy the Ayre V-3 and call it a day. On the used market for $1500+/-$100. There is no bigger steal in audio!! Retails for $3750-$3850. This amp is KILLER!!!
I have some experience here with my second true love-B&W. Got 801m sIII, 801m sII/Northcreek, 802 sIII, & 805. Don't even think that you will be realizing the potential of the sepeaks unless you put some massive power behind em! Forget all those light duty recomendations because you will follow the road to trade-up unless you buy heavy-duty. My amps? I found a pair of Lightstar Reference 2.0 NIB for $3600. eighty pounders that can pass household current. You want big transformers & caps inside for those dynamics. (MFSL Dark Side of The Moon). Others I'd love to try-KSA250s, ML 23.5, T800, CA400, Rowland 8T- OOPS wrong price range, what the hell you only live once and youre ears aren't getting younger. The only speak I'd give up a set for would be the puppies. On the 801 sII/Northcreek set I use C-J Prem. 5"s ah! life is good with B&W in front.