Benefits of DAC & Transport vs. CD player

What are the advantages / disadvantages of having a Cd Transport & DAC as opposed to a good CD Player...TONY
firedrums
the one disadvantage of a separate dac is the interaction of transport and dac. some dacs are very transport sensitive. you may purchase several transports before you settle on one, or you may own more than one transport.

it is possible that your otlay for separate dac(s) transport may exceed the cost of a one box player.

then there is the digital cable. this another variable that may incur time and effort to create the desired "sound".

is it easier to satisfy your sonic preferences with a single box player or dac/transport combo ?

you be the judge. it depends upon your requirements.
Thank You all for your comments / I suspected that getting into separates could be a headache - Yet another variable, trying to find that synergy and ultimately System Synergy is the real goal - I am currently using the Krell Sacd Player with the newest transport which I find to be pretty darn good especially using its balanced connections...TONY
interaction of transport and dac. some dacs are very transport sensitive... separates require extensive experimentation with the digital connection to sound their best....
so what's the clue here ? how does cdp manage to be compatible component wise each other ? cn I learn this my self ,and have no need to owe several transport and or dacs ?

how about getting the lowest end portable Walkman to serve as my transport and connecting it to a quality dac and high end speakers ?