Bel Canto 3.0 vs 2.7 DACs

I have a Bel Canto 3.0 now. Been considering getting a 2.7. Anyone here ever compared the two. Or had them in your system? Just curious as to what you think. Is the 2.7 much better? Or is it marginal? 
128x128pstores
I have the 3.5 w VBS. Upgraded from 3.3.  I would be interested in hearing the 2.7 as well, I find the 3.5 to be a too “intense” and a bit harsh. I’m currently using my Cary 306 SACD as a DAC and find it far more musical, less fatiguing and more resolving. Unfortunately the Cary is far from reliable and I’m looking for a better overall solution. 
Ok here we go..... I picked up a demo Dac 2.7. It basically does everything slightly better than my Dac 3.0. It is slightly brighter also but not harsh by any means. Slightly better clarity, space, more information along the lines of detail. Soundstage maybe slightly better. But I think it’s actually about the same. And the realism in instruments is a small step up. With this being said. Since everything across the board is a slight improvement. It was a noticeable difference in my system from the get go. The small difference in every area makes a bigger difference as a whole.  Going to try it this weekend with my preamp and see how that sounds. Been running it without preamp for now because that was how I had my Dac 3.0 setup for the past two weeks. Time to sell my Dac 3.0 looks like. 
As many have said, the 2.7 is a pleasant step forward. I've had the 2.7 for a while now. My digital source is an iMac (I use both iTunes and AudiVarna), my amp is a BAT VK-200 with Harbeth Super HL5+ speakers. If you want to significantly improve the sound, get good interconnects and speaker cable. Get what you want and while they're an investment, I do like Nordost, both Blue Heaven and Heimdall. This system now has Nordost Heimdall 2 throughout (USB, XLR and speaker cable). Each step will improve separation, clarity and soundstage (air) in a significant way. Also, if you have the option on your amp, go with XLR interconnects from the 2.7.

I have the Bel Canto DAC 2.7 running as a pure DAC in fixed volume mode before an Electrocompaniet EC4.5. with a bel Canto REF500S power amp and Totem Sky Tower speakers. Great DAC for use as that and a little edgy if the 2.7 preamp is used. Also, you can fix the volume in an appropriate place for your preamp input. In my case 50k ohms. I have compared it to the battery-powered units ' they are all good but the 2.7 just swings it for me.